Applications postmarked by August 1 are now being accepted.
Please send the following to
Chapter Dean Dr. Stephen White
170 Garrison Ave., Battle Creek, MI 49017
1. Completed printable application form (postal mail) or fillable application form (email attachment)
2. A letter of recommendation (or email; see the contact page) from the student’s music instructor.
Maximum Awards per award period: Two.
Maximum Award amount: $500.00
Application Deadlines: February 1 and August 1 (see application form for submission details)
- The applicant must not be eligible for the Kathryn Loew Scholarship.
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from most recent music teacher.
- The designated organ teacher must be a member of the American Guild of Organists.
- The applicant does not need to be a member of the AGO, however it is recommended that he/she consider membership in the local chapter to take advantage of all professional and educational opportunities. A non-AGO member recipient will receive one-year membership in the SW Michigan Chapter as part of the scholarship award.
- The first priority will be given for private organ lessons, with each application evaluated on its own merit. Scholarship monies may be used for expenses other than private lessons (music, organ shoes, etc.) at the recommendation/discretion of the private teacher.
- The recipient(s) will receive an accountability form (practice/performance record) with their award letter. The form must be completed and returned by 31 December of the year the scholarship was received.
- Recipient is eligible for one scholarship award annually.